Where To Buy The Best Meat Grinder For Home Use 2022
Do you want to grind your own hamburger meat like a pro? Have you dreamed of making homemade sausages and meatballs? A high quality and easy-to-use food grinder is your answer! By grinding food yourself, you can save money, eat smarter and have full control over all the additives in your meals!
Are you wondering where to buy a grinder that’s great quality but won’t break the bank? Get ready to do some research and read customer reviews. You’ll be cooking like a pro chef in no time!
Beginning Your Grinder Hunt
The trouble with finding where to buy the best grinders is knowing what to look for and assessing your needs:
- Are you looking for a budget-friendly manual food grinder that’s easy to use?
- Do you need something that can really grind the living daylights out of different food types in various consistencies (fine, medium or course)?
- Are you searching for a fast way to grind ingredients for meal prep or soften food for easier consumption?
The way you use the grinder, how it’s made and what features it has are all important things to make note of before buying.
Things to Consider When Looking for Where to Buy a Grinder
- Manual versus Electric
- You can choose a manual grinder with a hand crank, a motorized grinder or an attachable grinder for an electric mixture. For an all-inclusive yet simple manual grinder, the Gideon Hand Crank is a high quality option.
- The STX International Megaforce is a heavy duty motorized meat grinder that includes a patented air cooling system. The KitchenAid FGA food grinder is a great attachment piece if you enjoy KitchenAid products.
- If you’re super excited about cutting lots of meat, you’ll need a grinder with strong stainless steel blades. The STX International Turboforce is a heavy duty grinder that comes with three different cutting blades as well stuffing tubes. If you’re a hunter in need of a hardcore meat grinder, Cabela’s Carnivore line is a good choice. The motorized Weston No. 22 Commercial meat grinder is also an excellent, high-powered option if you have a larger budget (my personal favorite!).
- The Three S’s (Safety, Stability and Storage)
- Your new grinder should be easy and safe to use and put away when not in use. For tips on how to safely use a motorized meat grinder.
- For a stainless steel attachable grinder that’s easy to clean and store, take a look at the Chef’s Choice Premium. Ultimately, choose a grinder with the following features:
- Safety: A circuit breaker (if motorized)
- Stability: Strong, sturdy base (preferably with suction)
- Storage: Stainless steel blades and body for sanitation
Where to Buy a Grinder Online or In Store
- Amazon. This is a great website if you’re looking for specific features and prices. Visit Amazon’s Best Sellers page for an up-to-date list of grinders and other products that are currently selling well. Pay attention to price, ratings and type! Just because they are all meat grinders doesn’t mean they have the same value and functions.
- Amazon allows you to see the positive feedback percentage rates of sellers, which is useful for getting an idea of their credibility. Amazon Prime is also a great way to get free shipping.
- Department Stores. Walmart, Best Buy, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Bed Bath and Beyond, Home Depot and Target are all popular options for kitchenware products. Just because you’re shopping at a department store doesn’t mean you can’t find a good quality product! Go on the store’s website and read reviews if possible.
- For example, this Weston Electric meat grinder has great reviews at a fair price on Walmart.com as well as Amazon (cheaper at Walmart)!
- Specialty Shops. Going to a specialty cooking supply store is a great way to find quality, specialized products. However, beware of high price tags!
- Shop around and always look for sales. Don’t be afraid to ask the clerk for advice on what type of meat grinder is best for your individual needs.
- EBay and Secondhand Shops. If you want to save a few bucks, you can choose to buy a used or heavily discounted grinder.
- Be cautious of the quality (ensure the seller has good reviews) and ALWAYS make sure you know how to fully sanitize your meat grinder! Grinders can get a buildup of grease and rust over time. For tips on how to properly clean your grinder.
When purchasing your grinder, I personally recommend going with Amazon or your local department store (depending on price and availability). These are great sources where you can find the most deals and have the chance to weigh your options.
Find Where to Buy a Grinder Using Customer Reviews
Reading reviews on Amazon and department store websites is useful for finding where to buy a grinder for the best deal. By getting an idea of what people are saying about the product overall, you can narrow down your favorites. Take note of popular comments or complains, such as:
- The grinder tends to peal/the grinder is very durable.
- It’s hard/easy to pump.
- It does a poor/great job of pushing out meat.
- It does/doesn’t grind a variety of foods.
- It’s easy/hard to clean.
Tips for Making the Final Purchase
Where to buy a grinder depends on your budget, cooking goals and preferred method (manual or motorized). If you want cheap and portable, consider the Gideon Hand Crank grinder. If you’re willing to pay more for durability, I recommend the Weston No. 22 Commercial grinder.
Grinding food can be fun and easy if you choose a safe, durable grinder from a reputable seller. Follow these tips before buying:
- Read customer reviews.
- Check seller ratings.
- Pay attention to common complaints.
- Check out Amazon’s Best Sellers.
Please comment below if you have any questions on where to buy a grinder. Happy cooking!
Last Updated on March 21, 2022