Reviews Of Best Indoor Smokeless Grills Consumer Reports
The flavors of grilled foods are hard to resist, which is why we keep going to our favorite BBQ joints every once in a while. But, what if you have an appliance that can prepare scrumptious grilled food in the comfort of your own house? Will you be interested in it? I’m sure you’ll be, so here I present to you the list of 10 best indoor smokeless grills consumer reports . Now, you must be thinking why an indoor grill, when you can have a pellet grill to have authentic BBQ flavors. However, a pellet grill may not be a suitable option for those who don’t have a decent outdoor space to accommodate a pellet grill or even a gas grill. If you too are among those who live in an apartment with hardly any outdoor space, then you should invest your money in the best indoor smokeless grill. Check out the reviews of 10 of such amazing grills in the following section to quickly move onto the buying part.
Reviews Of The 10 Best Indoor Smokeless Grills Consumer Reports
1. Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill 25360
A perfect indoor grill for a small family of 3-4 people. The ability of this unit to cook at different temperatures ranging from 200 degrees to 450 degrees Fahrenheit allows users to cook different types of food with precision. Sporting a stainless steel construction, you can expect it to last long along with ensuring fast and even cooking. The use of stainless steel also helps the unit retain the maximum heat while cooking and prevent the development of rust.
A drip collection tray is attached at the bottom of the unit where all the fat and grease are collected, which then, you can easily get rid of. The presence of a lid in the unit prevents the food from drying. Cleaning this grill is a breeze, as the drip collection tray is dishwasher safe and the grate is coated with a non-stick material. The only issue with this unit is the time it takes to heat up, which is around 4-5 minutes.
2. Philips Kitchen Appliances Smoke-less Indoor BBQ Grill
Philips has an amazing range of smokeless grills, which is led by Philips Indoor Smokeless Grill. This grill is designed using durable materials for longevity and incorporates cutting-edge features to ensure faster grilling without any cold spots. With several temperature settings to choose from, you get complete control over the heat. The grill reaches a maximum temperature of 446 degrees Fahrenheit, which lets users grill and sear thick pieces of meat to perfection.
A drip tray is incorporated into the grill where all the grease and oil is accumulated for easy cleanup. The tray remains cool despite the hot grease falling onto it. It also keeps the smoke and steam from dissipating the grill. The heating components consist of infrared technology, which increases the cooking process. Talking about the drawbacks of the unit, then it produces more smoke than other grills. Also, the infrared lights obstruct the food that is being grilled.
3. BELLA 14750 Indoor Smokeless Grill
Check out this quality smokeless grill, which sports an extra-large cooking surface with a non-stick coating to deliver a hassle-free cooking and easy cleanup. A multifunctional skillet, you can use it to steam, sauté, roast, fry, and as a buffet server. The grill features a cooling drip pan where all the oil, grease and fats accumulate to provide you with delicious yet healthy grilled food without smoke. The unit features a 1,500-watt heating element, which ensures faster distribution of heat along with better performance. The grill also has stain-resistant and non-stick material, which makes cleaning and maintenance a breeze. The skillet features a non-slip base, which can be stray positioned during the cooking cycle for your convenience.
4. IWATANI Smokeless Korean Barbecue Grill "YAKIMARU" CB-SLG-1
Iwatani offers a perfect barbecue solution at the most affordable price. This grill top features a butane gas heat source, which allows fast and efficient cooking of food. You can insert your butane canister on top which, you can place your marinade or water on the drip tray. After that, you can place any type of meat on the grill top for cooking. The brushed stainless steel construction of the unit along with a die-casting cooking plate ensures longevity.
The non-stick plate of the grill allows fast and even cooking, with all the grease, oil, and fat accumulating into the aluminum drip tray placed below the cooking surface. The unit features a burner, which can grill for just under 4 hours and at a temperature of 20-25 degrees, which allows you to socialize with your family and friends in the middle of cooking. Sporting a lightweight and compact design, this grill won’t take too much space in your kitchen due to its less footprint.
5. Secura Smokeless Indoor Grill 1800-Watt Electric Griddle
Secura Indoor Grill 1800-Watt is a 2-in-1 unit, which means, it can work as a grill as well as a griddle. The grill features a glass lid, which retains heat and doesn’t let the splashes of sizzling fats come out and burn you. With the heat being locked inside the grill, the food is cooked much faster. The unit comes with a large grill plate to let you cook more in less time. The handles attached to the grill are fully insulated, thus preventing your hands from being burned while you’re cooking. The grill is made up of a non-stick material, which makes cleaning a breeze, as you can put it into the dishwasher. The company offers a 1-year warranty on the product.
6. PowerXL Smokeless Grill
This is among the most popular smokeless grills, as it has all the features to get you a perfectly grilled food in the quickest of times. The unit comes with a cover, which effectively decreases the smoke. You will be able to perfectly sear the beef, as the unit can reach temperature up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Grilling creates excess oil, but there is nothing to worry about, thanks to the tilted plate, which easily drains off that oil. The grill plates are removable and easily washable as well. The grill with its amazing heating materials along with the fast warming mechanism allows 33% faster burning than competitors. You can use this grill anywhere, even places where basic power sources are not fully available. The downsides to this unit include no additional space for storing condiments and no secure storage for the cover.
7. Ninja Foodi 5-in-1 Indoor Electric Grill AG301
Ninja Foodi is a 5-in-1 electric grill, which means, it can cook food in five different ways, thus letting you save money on buying five different appliances. When you don’t have a big outdoor area to install a BBQ and grill hotdogs, steaks, and other smoky delights, then this indoor electric grill is a perfect alternative for you. This is an air fryer, which sizzles, sears, and air fry crisps. The unit makes use of hot air at around 500F, which is circulated to trigger the searing effect. The same hot air heats the grill grate as well, which results in eye-arresting char-grilled marks on the food.
There is no doubt that the food that comes out of this grill is delicious as well as aesthetically appealing. The unit is packed with ‘Cyclonic Grilling Technology’, which is responsible for the charred flavor on the outside of the food. Despite the use of air frying, the taste, flavor, and texture of the food will remain intact. The unit has the same BTU cooking power as that of an outdoor grill, plus the inclusion of a defrost feature comes in handy on many occasions.
8. Cuisinart Griddler GR-300WSP1
Check out this product, which you can buy to make crunchy sandwiches, patties, and many more in the quickest of times. This is the best Panini press, which can be used at home as well as restaurants due to its incredible efficiency. The use of brushed stainless steel in the construction adds to the durability of the unit. The unit comes with six cooking options, full grill, full griddle, contact grill, half griddle/half grill, Panini press, and top melt. The unit also features a non-stick plate, which is reversible and removable.
This plate along with an integrated cleaning/scraping tool makes cleaning this grill a breeze. The list doesn’t end here, as it has a digital display, which lets you set the timer along with dual-zone temperature control. This means you will be able to griddle two different dishes in different ways at the same time. You should look out for the ‘SearBlast’ feature in the unit, which raises the temperature of the grill to 500 degrees Fahrenheit to add a savory taste to your meal.
9. Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler
This electric griddle is a pocket dynamo, which can operate half and full griddle, half and full grill, contact grill, and even Panini press. The grill scores high on looks, but that is not where the good things end, as you can use this grill as a 5-in-1 countertop unit. The grill sports a brushed stainless-steel exterior, which not just adds to the beauty of the unit, but makes it long-lasting as well. The grill is equipped with non-stick, reversible cooking plates, which ensure even cooking along with easy cleanup. With adjustable temperature controls, you can prepare two different dishes simultaneously.
10. George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill GGR50B
This electric grill from George Foreman has a large cooking space of 240 square inches, which makes it possible for it to cook 15 servings at once. Despite having a large cooking area, the grill weighs just 21 lbs, hence making it light and portable. The unit features a 6-ft electrical cord for easy maneuverability. The grill comes with a stand, which keeps the unit elevated along with protecting your kitchen counters. An adjustable probe controls the temperature with 5 different settings.
These settings let you cook in 5 different ways. The absence of a built-in gauge may not allow you to monitor the temperature in a precise way, but the temperature control light will indicate as the correct temperature is reached. Other features of the unit include an angled grill plate to easily remove fat, oil and grease, a non-stick cooking surface and a domed lid to increase heat distribution and retention. Once you are done cooking your favorite meals, you can easily clean the drip tray in the dishwasher.
Questions To Ask When Buying A Smokeless Indoor Grill:
There are a few things to take into the account while buying a smokeless indoor grill because all indoor grills aren’t alike. So, let us go through the questions that you couldn’t miss asking while buying the best smokeless indoor grill.
Question #1: Does the grill has a knob or an on/off switch or do you need to unplug it from the wall in order to turn it off. Models that don’t come with a switch should better be avoided, as those could be dangerous to use.
Question #2: Does the grill get sizzling hot to grill meat? You need to pay attention towards the wattage of the grill, and if it works at 1,000-1,500 watts, then it is a powerful grill. But, it should have the technology to manage temperature so that the texture and juiciness of the meat are not lost.
Question #3: Does the grill has removable grill plates? If you want to cook raw meat, then grill plates will make it much easier. You should opt for removable grill plates so that they can be properly cleaned.
Types Of Indoor Grills
Indoor grills are divided into three main categories, these are;
- Stovetop Grill: This type of grill can be placed atop your kitchen stove. A stovetop grill operates either on electric power or on gas and is designed in the shape of a griddle. You can use the stove’s knobs/controls to control the cooking temperatures. The only drawback of this type of grill is that there is no way to stop the drippings to fall on the stove.
- Open Countertop Grill: This is basically an electric indoor grill designed to sit on the countertop. It generates power on its own to heat up the grill. This grill provides you with a larger cooking space, plus the inclusion of knobs/controls give a total control over the heat that is generated. There is no lid given in these grills, so all sorts of liquids from the food can splash and spray around the kitchen.
- Closed Countertop Grill: This type of an electric indoor grill also sits on the countertop and generates its own power to heat up the grill. However, you will find a lid in this grill, thus the liquid from the food will not splash or spray around the kitchen. Moreover, the food is cooked rather quickly, and you can cook the food on both sides simultaneously. The inclusion of lid bars you from cooking thick pieces of meat because then, the grill can’t be closed properly.
How To Select The Best Indoor Grill
Smokeless Electric Grills come in different shapes and sizes. Most grills are compact and fit on a stove or tabletop. But, there are some additional features as well, which you need to look out for when buying an indoor grill.
- Grill Size: Most grills have a cooking area between 60-200 square inches, which is sufficient to grill four 1-quarter pound burger patties to feed a family of four.
- Power: A grill having power between 1500-1800 watts will make the grill superhot to cook all kinds of meats faster and more evenly. For small amounts of cooking, a grill with the power of 800 watts is more than enough, but if you want to cook in a large quantity and with thicker pieces of meat, then opt for a powerful grill.
- Heat Control Options: A grill with adjustable temperature is always a great advantage because you can cook different kinds of meat or vegetables, as they need different levels of heat.
- Automatic Shut-Off Switch: A grill that automatically shuts-off once the food has been cooked is a feature to look forward to.
- On/Off Light & Heat Indicator Light: Buying a grill that can tell you that it is on is a great feature, but if you could find a grill that also tells that it has reached ideal temperature is a definitely a delight.
- Timer: If you don’t want to babysit your food, then find a grill with a timer.
- Removable Grill & Plates: A griller that has a lid with a grill fitted inside of it can be used to create extra grilling space by flipping the grill. Moreover, if that grill is removable, then you can easily clean it and throw it in the dishwasher.
- Non-Stick Grill Plates: Almost every grill comes with non-stick plates, so if your shortlisted one doesn’t have it, then drop it right there and choose the one that has a non-stick plate.
- Floating Hinge: This is perfect for contact grills because you can press down these on the top of the food to get a evenly cooked food, especially when you are cooking thicker meat.
- Grease Tray: Check whether the grease catcher is in the form of a small cup or a drawer. If it is a drawer, then it will catch more grease, and you need to buy the grill that has a grease catcher of the size of a drawer.
- Filter: The smoke is inevitable when you are grilling food, even if you are using smokeless grills. Some smoke will be produced, but the lid of the grill traps it. But, if you cook food without a lid, then you need to opt for a model that has a built-in filter.
- Safety Features: There are some indispensable safety features like a detachable temperature gauge and cool touch handles, which you must look for in a grill.
An indoor grill is a perfect solution to your cravings for grilled foods, which you are not able to prepare due to a lack of outdoor space in the house. An indoor grill allows you to grill, smoke, sear, roast, and much more in the comfort of your kitchen and that too without smoke. With the reviews of 10 best indoor smokeless grills consumer reports at your disposal, you can quickly decide as to which smokeless grill suits you the best. If you have already made a decision, then it’s time to take the next step, which is to buy the indoor grill and enjoy delicious food without going out.
Last Updated on July 6, 2022